As 2013 rolled in did you make any New Year’s resolutions? Maybe you want to lose weight, take up woodworking or learn to dance the tango. At Raynor Garage Doors of Kansas City we don’t offer dance lessons but we have a few automotive resolutions to make your car a bit happier and maybe save you a few dollars.
- Get serious about repairs. Those funny little noises may mean big trouble if you don’t address them early. Ignoring them doesn’t constitute auto repair.
- Show your car you love it with routine maintenance. Get that oil changed, tire pressure and tread checked and charge the AC. Add some fuzzy dice as a little present.
- Clean and detail your car. No one wants to look at empty coffee cups, old mail or whatever fell off your McRib. Avoid the horrified looks of your co-workers when they ask you to drive. Although, they’ll never ask you again so you’ll save on gas.
- Call your insurance agent and go over your policy. Do you qualify for any discounts? Can you reduce your deductible and save a little money? Ask for a new calendar.
- Drive for fuel economy. Speeding, rapid acceleration and hard braking wastes gas. They can lower your gas mileage by 33 percent at highway speeds and by 5 percent around town.
- Drive like your grandma is in every other car around you. In 2010, 3092 people were killed in crashes involving a distracted driver and an estimated additional 416,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving a distracted driver. So practice safety for yourself and everyone else. LOL some other time.
- Get your motor running and head out on the highway. When was the last time you took a road trip? And whether it’s for a week or just for the day, in a mini-van or a convertible, put on some tuneage and hit the road. Find that ball of twine and post it on Facebook.
- Clean your garage and actually put your car into it. Your car will last longer with being abused by sun and cold. So get rid of that weight set from 2010’s resolutions and let your car back in.
- Get a new garage door. Your house will look so much better with a beautiful new addition that will increase your curb appeal and your car will be so happy to be seen in front of it.
- Tune-up that garage door. Your garage door may be the main entrance in and out of your home so make sure it’s in safe working order.
Call your garage door experts at Raynor Garage Doors of Kansas City and we’ll set you (and your car) up with the door of your (and its) dreams.